Like any "net junkie", there are lots of sites that I might briefly visit in the course of a day. But these are the ones I go to on a regular basis.
· Drop Out! - A fantastic site for rebellious high school students. If you're tired of the taste of shit, stop eating it!
· BBC News - It's often frustrating to read their all-too-brief and cryptic accounts of popular uprisings...that go completely unmentioned every place else.
· San Francisco Chronicle - The home page of the San Francisco Chronicle...quite possibly the most "progressive" American newspaper, which, as you no doubt suspect, isn't really saying very much.
· Harper's Magazine - HARPER'S magazine may be the most unusually critical monthly published in the United States. Unfortunately, the full text of the print edition is not available on-line...but whatever happens to be there when you go will usually be informative and often entertaining as well.
· Vheadline.com - This is a daily news summary from Venezuela...and a remarkably odd mixture of interesting and utterly nutball journalism. I rarely miss a day here.
THE GOOD GUYS
· New York City IndyMedia - This is probably far and away the most interesting of the American IndyMedia sites...there is, on occasion, actual substantive discussion here.
· www.buzzflash.com - Another excellent summary of news without the capitalist spin.
· The Information Clearing House - News you won't find on CNN & Fox "moooos" -- excellent.
· Frontlines - Not as well documented as the other sources above, but still very informative.
· The Narco News Bulletin - Looking at the "war on drugs" from the Latin American point of view.
· The Marxist Archives - The complete texts of the works of Marx and Engels and a great deal of other material as well. There's simply nothing else like it on the net.
· Anti-Dialectics.org - This is something entirely new...a philosophically exhaustive refutation of all the "dialectical superstitions" that have plagued the Marxist left for over a century. I cannot praise highly enough what may someday -- in more sensible times than ours -- become a classic. This is not "easy reading"...but you will find it "easier" and "clearer" than any other philosophical work you have ever attempted to read.
· Revolutionary Left - My internet "home"...getting close to 25,000 posts here and no end in sight...unless the fake "lefties" manage to get me booted out. Ha!
· Insult Monger - Outgunned in a "flame thread"? Visit the "armory" of internet flame-throwers and choose a suitable weapon to anihilate your despicable opponent. But use with discretion; the word "over-kill" is not in their vocabulary.
· www.ucomics.com - Start your day with a free comic...My pick is "Calvin & Hobbes" but they have a very large selection.
Here are two interesting collections of material that came highly recommended to me...and I pass that recommendation on to you.
· Class Against Class
· Question Everything
The titles of these sites should be enough to suggest what you may find...serious stuff very much worth your time.